Adult Day Services - Adult Instructor
Locations: Fox Cities (Kimberly)
The primary role of the Adult Instructor is to actively instruct in all program activities. The Adult Instructor is responsible for the development and implementation of program activities for specific instructional areas of the curriculum and is responsible for assisting with personal cares of all consumers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess client performance in specific skill areas and develop / implement written goals and objectives in these areas.
2. Maintain timely, accurate and organized records of client daily progress and behavior and analyze data for performance outcomes.
3. Maintain communication with service coordinators on daily basis regarding client issues or concerns
4. Provide appropriate assistance with personal cares for both male and female clients such as toileting, feeding, dressing, showering, transportation on and off the bus.
5. Fully participate with clients in pool and changing rooms.
6. Coordinate supplemental activities in the adult program (i.e. guest speakers, music activities, community outings, large group activities, gardening, etc.).
7. Provide direction to substitute staff during all program activities
8. Clean up program areas after use as needed and as assigned.
9. Assist with onboarding of new Adult Program employees.
10. Plan and implement community outings for specific instructional areas as directed.
11. Attend consumer Individual Program Plan, committee, and staff meetings as required.
12. Participate in program change and development.
13. Attend ongoing in-service and continuing education training.
14. Prepare to assume responsibilities as assigned by the Site Manager/Director of Adult Services.
15. Adhere to the agency safety policies and procedures as communicated.
16. Be willing and able to bring caring to life.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor or associate degree in human service related field or equivalent experience.
2. Physical ability to lift and transfer adults (minimum of 25 pounds).
3. Experience and/or training working with adults who have severe and multiple disabilities.
4. Must have the balance and coordination to assist consumers in ADL tasks.
5. Must have the ability to verbally communicate to the consumers in the program.
Job Description PDF »