Lesson are loosely based on the Red Cross Learn to Swim Program, but just like all of our aquatic classes, we adapt and modify for the individual student to ensure their success. Group swim classes are designed to help children gain confidence in the water, become familiar with water and develop basic swim skills.
- Children must be able to sit independently and wait their turn. Children who are unable to comply may be removed from class.
- Parents are expected to stay off the pool deck during lessons.
- Classes are not available for drop-ins or makeups. Classes must meet minimum number of students to run.
Beginner I (age 3+)
$80 per 8 week session - 30 minute lessons
Children will learn to put their faces in the water and float, to kick on their backs (fin kick) and work on arm strokes with their face in the water. We will also learn basic water safety. Class is limited to five students ages 3+ per instructor.
November 1 - December 20 | 5:00 - 5:30 pm
November 1 - December 20 | 5:30 - 6:00 pm
Parent & Child Lessons (6 months - 3 years)
$80 per 8 week session - Pool 1
Teach your child to be comfortable in the water with songs, games and play. Learn basic safety and pre-swimming skills. Child must be accompanied in the water by one adult. The first 30 minutes is instructor lead, while the last 15 minutes are play time. Small class size allows for personal pool space and social distancing.
November 1 - December 20 | 6:00 - 6:45 pm
November 2 - December 21 | 8:45 - 9:30 am
- **REMINDER* You must register as an Aquatic Center user before you will be able to sign up for classes! Download registration forms
- Sign up for as many classes and sessions as you would like. Children learn to swim faster with more time in the water.
- Payable by check or credit card on the first day of class.
- Check in and pay for classes in the pool office (the aquatic reception desk remains closed).
- Missed Classes: Make-up classes are not offered. A credit or refund will only be issued with a medical provider's note. Credits or refunds will not be given for closures due to inclement weather.
- Unscheduled Aquatic Center closures will be communicated on our website home page, wearecp.org, and via a constant contact email to your provided email address.
- Credits will be issued if neither pool is operational due to mechanical failure.